Hspell and Abiword
Date12 July 2004 (update: 04 Sep 2004)
List of topics.
- Support: What version do i need ?
- Install: How do i install ?
- Usage: How do i use it ?
- Seting Abiword defaults: How do i set up Abiword ?
- Known problems
( hspell 0.8 is supported since enchant 1.1.4 (cvs) )
Abiword and Enchant: Abiword does not include a speller, it use enchant to communicate with different spell checkers installed on the system.
apt-get install hspell enchant Abiword-gnome
Fedora (the rpm from fedora use pspell and not enchant)
get Abiword from:
get enchant from:
get hspell from:
emerge hspell enchant abiword
get hspell and compile/install it.
get enchant and compile/install it.
get Abiword and compile compile/install it.
a note about source and ebuild ( gentoo ), hspell 0.8 will only work with enchant >=1.1.4.
Abiword will use its defaults or the current locale, unless the user will select the text and set it's language, using the tools->set-language menu.
To set up your default template:
1. Create a directory, ~/.AbiSuite/templates
2. Edit a file in Abiword that use your defaults (e.g fonts, lang. etc... )
3. save this file as template at ~/.AbiSuite/templates/normal.awt
The next time you will run Abiword this will be your defaults.
just set your locale to "C" (or "he_IL.iso-8859-8" if your system support it).
Nikud, Hspell recognize words with nikud as mistakes.